Monday, June 3, 2013

Tim Allen Appreciation Month: Day One

hey you, yeah you, do you like tim allen? no? well, aren't you a nancy/neddy no-fun.
i like tim allen, i like tim allen a lot. love is a strong word, they say, but oh no, not for me, i think i feel safe attaching that word to my feelings for tim allen. just looking at that face makes me feel all happy & fuzzy inside, like i'm receiving a warm hug. speaking of the term 'a warm hug', i've been watching a lot of intervention lately & that's how a lot of the addicts on there describe using heroin, like a warm all over body hug. gee, they make it sound inviting.

but back to tim. when i realised that he was turning 60 this year, i felt compelled to do something, anything, to express my love for him. and so, here it is, for the entire month of june, his birthday month, i will be celebrating tim allen appreciation month! every day, i will be giving in to my true will & allowing my thoughts & actions to be consumed by all things tim. this will take many forms, but to assist me, i have created a number of tim dolls, like the one pictured below, to inspire me. i have channeled tim's essence into each of them & he will go everywhere i go. i gave one to my brother to take with him on his trip to japan & have just heard that he landed safely & enjoyed the flight. i hope my brother shows him a good time, he deserves it.
so what did we get up to on day one? well, turns out tim is quite the helper. i had a busy morning of baking to do & his spirit was surprisingly rich in the kitchen. 
at night, i settled down on the couch to watch a tim allen title i'd never heard of until i typed his name into the cinemaggedon search engine, what do you say to a naked lady? (1988). 
this was a side of tim i'd thought about, but never seen. i felt unsettled & drew a picture before bed to express my thoughts. as i changed into my pyjamas, i very nearly turned my essence-of-tim doll around to face the wall, wondering if he was leering at me, too.

1 comment: